Coronavirus Cleaning Advice
The Most important tip ever – Spray and Stay!
It’s more important than ever to keep your house clean as the global spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) continues. The virus appears to spread via respiratory droplets and can remain alive for days on surfaces, meaning that NOW is the time to clean your home thoroughly. Frequent cleaning of surfaces in high-traffic areas will do a lot to keep your family safe, along with other precautions like hand-washing, not touching your face, and covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
Clean frequently touched surfaces
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention says the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to wash your hands frequently and wipe down surfaces that are frequently touched. The FabCab unit has the complete list of detergents that can be used to achieve this – www.fabcab.co.za.
Here are a few areas to tackle:
- Light switches
- Cabinet handles
- Drawer handles
- Toilet handles
- Microwave handle and buttons
- Coffee pot handle
- Aquazania machine
- Refrigerator door handle
- Hard-backed chairs
- TV remotes
Mark Kruger CEO of FabCab gives some real, practical advice:
How to clean your phone
If you haven’t cleaned your phone in a while, it’s definitely time to give it some attention. Have an iPhone? Apple says it’s safe to wipe down phone screens with a Clorox Disinfectant spray or 70% isopropyl alcohol spray. FabMulti is the perfect product for this. Spray once or twice onto a microfibre or similar cloth and then wipe surface thoroughly with the cloth.
Tips on staying healthy
- Home: Wash hands as soon as you get home, before and after food preparation, before eating, after using the bathroom, after touching garbage. If you’re caring for someone who is sick, be extra cautious with your cleaning, frequently laundering sheets and towels using FabLaundry and FabSoft from FabCab.
- Work: Wash your hands as soon as you arrive in the office, before eating, and after using the bathroom. Avoid partaking in any communal snacks. If you feel sick, please stay home and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
- School: Teach your kids how to properly wash their hands and for the optimal time duration (20 seconds!). Remind them to wash before eating lunch or snacks and after using the bathroom. Keep children home if they are sick.
- Shopping: Avoid touching your face after you touch anything other people may have touched. Use an antibacterial wipe on the grocery cart handle. If using reusable bags, be sure to wash them when you get home using FabLaundry and FabSoft .Spray down and disinfect all plastic bags and groceries that you have bought , using our FabMulti product.
- Traveling: Stay at least six feet away from anyone who is sneezing, coughing, or blowing their nose. Wash your hands after going through security and after getting off the plane. Carry disinfectant wipes to wipe down the tray table and its latch and your seatbelt clasp as well.
Please stay safe and healthy out there!